Thursday, 11 September 2014

Disaster in Check

Well I have had a disaster. I bought this lovely black and white check, or large houndstooth pattern check last year and I loved it. I couldn't decide what to make so I went with a dress. I wanted   easy to  comfortable swing style dress, so I pulled out Vogue 8592.
I made this dress several years ago and I still wear the dress so I thought I would make it up again. I didn't check measurements because i still wore the other dress. 
 However for this make the arms are really tight and the neck just didn't work.
The fabric is a bit odd as well. It was a ponte fabric and it clings to everything. It sticks to itself and was quite disappointing . I sprayed the dress with anti static, but it still clings. I'm not really sure why. I have never had this before. This dress is destined to the charity bin. I was going to cut the top off and make a skirt but I think I will just let it go. Sometimes its better to depart quickly, rather than hang around for months, only to be eventually thrown out. Back to the drawing board.
Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. What a bummer. I've had that happen, though, where v1 of a pattern turns out great, and then I try a slightly different fabric for v2 and end up with a wadder. I think that letting wadders go is the easiest way to move past them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its best just to let go. I guess where there are wins there are also losses.

      Delete
  2. That's a shame! Wonder if you can salvage some of the fabric to use as an accent in another outfit ~ the fabric is lovely and different, even if its only a pocket on a black dress ... J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I will keep some for a pocket or a band or something . Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete