I finished this dress quite a while ago but didn't get around to posting about it. This is a vintage pattern Mc Calls 8395.
I'm not too sure about this dress. It doesn't fit all that well. I should have done a full bust adjustment but I thought it would be loose enough. It pulls a bit under the arm and isn't quite as full as I wanted.
The fabric is a beautiful cotton that I bought from Tessuti's last year or even the year before and the sleeves are a very pretty pink cotton lace. I bound the edge of the sleeves and the neck with the cotton fabric. I just doubled it over the edge. It worked well.
The dress will be fine when the weather warms up but it didn't quite live up to the image I had in my mind.
I finished my first Betsy by Blue GingerDoll quite a while ago but didn't have any photos , so last weekend I managed to get my handsome photographer to take some photos.
I am very happy with the skirt. It fits well and is comfortable. Probably will be better in spring but its lovely and floral for winter.
The vent in the back worked well. My biggest problem was the lining. I had a very blonde moment. I attached the lining to the waistband and it was going in beautifully then I realised i needed to put in the invisible zipper Doh! I had to use the seam as if it wasn't lined. I could have undone the whole lot but I know if I did that it would never resurface out of the long lost garment basket, so I just left it. I am the only one who knows and I can live with it. I am sure there is a way to do the lining properly, I must admit I don't line garments very often.
So this is view A without the button loops. I made the waistband a little large and I think next time I wouldn't add a waistband. It fits well and I love the fabric. I will definitely be making more of these Betsy skirts.