Search This Blog

Monday 3 February 2020

Wedding Sewing

My middle son is getting married in April in Melbourne. I have been thinking about what to make for months but haven't started on anything yet and now time is creeping up so I think I should just jump in. These photos are my inspiration.



I love the idea of the Hi Low hem exaggerated and the pants underneath. I won't make it quite so long as the images as I think that would be annoying all night. I love Caroline Herrera"s outfit, so stylish and elegant. That's the idea I want to emulate. The 3/4 sleeves and the loose fitting top. I love the colours of the middle image, just gorgeous and I love those pants.

My fabric I bought from Tessuti's when their Chatswood store was closing.

The top fabric is a crepe de chine and the bottom is a knit for the pants. For the top I will use the Montrose Top . I love casmerette patterns because they fit and I don't need to make adjustments , I can make it straight out of the envelope, gotta love that. The pants will be Linda pants from Style Arc. They are an easy pull on knit pant. That i have made several times.

The ideas are there, I just need to get sewing.

                                  Happy Sewing !

1 comment:

  1. I just love your inspiration photos!! What an elegant look! I kniw you will be beautiful for this special day.

    ReplyDelete