Search This Blog

Monday 30 December 2019

Christmas sewing

I have been having so much trouble with my internet, it has been impossible to do anything, but at the moment it seems to be working.
I have been doing some sewing , however not too much. Yesterday I made my grandaughter a pseudo Frozen dress for Christmas. Shes only 21 months so I don't think she will care that is not identical to the real costume. I loved sewing this.





The white fabric I had in my stash. The pale blue knit I had in my stash . The starry net I bought from Spotlight and the Frozen fabric for the cape was from ebay. I just gathered the cape along the back bodice. The pattern I used was I Love the 90's dress by Ellie and Mac  It was super easy and such fun to make.

My future daughter-in -law asked me to make Ariana's flower girl dress . My son is getting married in April. The inspiration was this image


The only pattern I found that was close was on etsy, Frilled yoke dress, the top right image, ( I can't seem to upload the link). So to try the pattern I made a little cotton dress with fabric from my stash. Ariana is the bottom picture. It turned out well. I now have to change the yoke to square and add a frill at the neck. Luckily I have till April to perfect the dress.

  Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment