Search This Blog

Sunday 6 April 2014

Dresses and not much sewing


My how time flys. Unfortunately I missed my March "Make a garment a Month", garment. Just ran out of time. I haven't been doing much sewing, all the usual reasons work, time and a lack of motivation and a great deal of procrastination but I hope to make up for that in the holidays. One week left of term and then 2 weeks off, I can't wait. It has been a long, hot, busy term.

There has been some sewing. I have been making Simplicity 1800. An amazing Fit pattern. This is the first time I have made one of these patterns. I thought it would be quite easy but wasn't really, I had quite a few issues.
I made view B with the short sleeves. I made size 22 with a D cup fitting but it was huge . I took in inches along every seam. The bodice I had to take in a huge amount. I'm not sure what's going on . It"s still a bit loose especailly the sleeves but it should be OK. Hopefully I will have photos tomorrow. does anyone else have the same issues with these amazing fit patterns? I love how it went together. I learnt a huge amount. It was quite abit of work basting it all and then making it but I guess taht is what fitting is all about.
I am hoping to take some photos tomorrow or Tuesday.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment