Search This Blog

Friday 14 February 2014

Sway back adjustment

I have never been good at making pattern adjustments on the paper pattern. I just adjust as i go along. However since I started reading blogs I have realised the importance of adjusting the pattern. In fact I find myself looking at people's clothes and thinking of where they need adjustments to get a better fit, hopefully without them thinking I am starnge person checking them out.

One adjustment I am unsure about is a sway back adjustment. How do you know if you need this? What are the signs ? How do you make this adjustment if you need to? Are there any tutorials on this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if I haven't noticed this as much because I make clothes that generally are quite loose but I do want to make a closer fitting dress in the next couple of weeks so a few adjustments may be necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Sway back is an inward body curve at the lower back waist above the posterior. If your garments have fabric that collects, wrinkles and pools in the lower back area you may need to adjust the waistline using the sway back adjustment. http://melodysews.blogspot.com/2014/02/sway-back-pattern-adjustment-in-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for the link. I need to look at my back view.

      Delete