Search This Blog

Sunday 12 January 2014

Finished McCall's 6605

I finally finished my blouse. It always takes so much longer than I anticipate but i am quite happy with the end result.

I did want the blouse to be quite full and it is.
I think next time i may make the size smaller. There were no fitting issues i just followed the pattern.

It is a lovely cotton and it will be very cool for work. 

I didn't have too many problems with this it is quite a simple make. Although i did have a bit of a problem with the neck band. I'm not sure if the facing stretched or I didn't cut it out carefuly enough but i had to put a couple of tucks in the collar. Unless someone is breathing down my neck i don't think anyone will notice.
If you need an oversized shirt i would recommend this pattern. I did cut the pattern upside down as well but you really can't tell.

McCalls 6605
Fabric from Spotlight



2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely fresh looking top for summer ~ it looks great on you! And easily I think you could go down a size next time ... must give this pattern a go myself before summer is over ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm sure i will get a great deal of wear out of this top. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete