I started this dress as a wearable muslin for my son's wedding last year. I abandoned the dress after I decided it would look like a sack in the fabric that I originally chose. However I have finished the muslin now and I'm pretty happy .
The pattern is Vogue 8786. The fabric was from Spotlight a few years ago. The fabric is stretch woven but it is quite thick but I loved the colours. The black fabric was a stretch cotton I had. As usual I am a bit nervous about sizing and I err on the side of too large but that's ok. If I make this again I would make a size smaller.
You can see here it is quite loose.
I like the front and back seams. It is a little difficult to see in this fabric but I think they give definition and interest but not much shaping. As others have found this pattern is on the generous side.
For the top closure I made a self covered button . I haven't made one of these in years. Possibly the dress is a bit long so I may take it up.
This was very quick to sew up. I think it would be really nice in a ponti type fabric, that has substance to it. The dress would be nice with boots and a cardigan for Autumn. I will try this pattern again.