Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Pants, Pants , Pants

My how time flies. I haven't blogged for quite a while, the usual reasons of work, end of year madness at school, long lost daughters returning and for the first time in 4 years I have all my children living in the one city, very exciting.

Sewing has overwhelmed me lately, so many patterns and so much fabric that I thought I need to plan a bit more and just start shopping from my stash. With that in mind I thought I would start with pants. The weather in Sydney is hot and humid at the moment, and I find cotton and linen pants comfortable.
My plan the fabrics
These are all stretch woven cottons. The top fabric and stripes and spots are from Tessuti's and the purple and orange from Spotlight last year.

The patterns: 
There are 3 Style Arc patterns. An old favourite the Elle pant, I have made these up 3 times previously. They are quick and easy to make. The Tori crop pants, these will be fabulous for summer. A new Style Arc pattern, Flat Bottom Flo Pant, I'm excited to try these. The last pattern is a Hot patterns Fast and Fabulous Tummy-Taming Trousers. These look great. I hope they tame my tummy. This is the plan I hope it works. The only spanner in the works is that I have been called up for Jury Duty starting tomorrow, not the best way to start my summer holidays but I guess it's an important part of our democracy.
                                                    Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment