Search This Blog

Friday 28 February 2014

Finished for February Simplicity 1660

I finished my Simplicity 1660 last weekend but didn't get a chance to post. Hopefully its still February somewhere so I haven't quite missed the mark for A Garment a Month.
 I made view B without many alterations. I needed to take a larger seam in the shoulders and I added a band at the bottom because I didn't like the length on me but it probably would have been fine. I also put a band on the sleeve.
I made a white tube skirt to wear with it but I didn't like the look at all so i think it needs to be worn with darker colours.
I did try and smile in this photo and not look too grumpy. Still not comfortable!
The back is quite nice. You can't see in the photo but the neck band crosses over and then joins the back. Overall I'm quite happy. 
I do have a problem with size though. I am so terrified that it won't fit I think I probably err on the large side but with the humidity in Sydney at the moment that's probably not such a bad thing.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment