Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2016

An almost finished jacket

This jacket, which for some reason took me forever is finally (well almost) done.
The Jacket is OOP  Vogue 8623 which has been sitting in my sewing room at various stages for years. I'm not quite sure why, because I really like this pattern and I love the fabric.



I love the collar in this jacket and I love the pleat at the back.  I even lined the jacket which is something I avoid constantly. Even that turned out to be quite simple.

 As far as sewing the jacket I had no problems at all. The collar went on well and the whole jacket  came together really well, in fact it was quite easy.
The fabric is a textured thick cotton, I'm not sure what the name of it is, but it is quite stiff, which I think suits the style of the jacket. 
The only part of the construction I haven't done is the buttonholes. My sewing machine is not sewing buttonholes well and I didn't want to wreck the front, so I will leave that till I have the machine serviced.
Overall I am very happy with this addition to my wardrobe.
                                    Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Your jacket is beautiful! Doesn't it feel good to finish it? Colors are so nice. I just put button holes on a garment today and they were perfect.LOL. The first time in years I didn't have to rip them out! (New machine). Might I suggest some of those big fancy snaps . I have defaulted to those many times when I'm scared to ruin my garment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i am really happy with the jacket even though I look grumpy in the photos. Snaps are a great idea. Thanks

      Delete
  2. I've just found your blog from a comment on Sarah Liz's blog. How lovely. I can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete