Search This Blog

Sunday 4 February 2018

Birthday Top Simplicity 8124

Hello greetings from humidity central. This summer has been so humid and uncomfortable. Although we just had a week of cooler weather.
Personally I have not had a great start to the year, first my knee and then a flu/virus that knocked me for 6. I was in bed for a week. I missed the first week of school, which is unheard of. Anyway I am starting to feel better. Sewing has not been happening, my plans flew out the window. However I did make a top before I got sick.
It was birthday a week ago so I made a top to go to lunch Simplicity 8124 Cynthia Rowley
I needed a top that was loose and comfortable. I can't stand anything tight fitting at the moment.


A super easy and quick top. I made a XL because I wanted it very full and flowing. You could definitely go down a few sizes if you don't like that. I cut quite a few inches off the hem but I am a shorty, next time I will leave it a bit longer . I cut off about 3 inches off the sleeves. The sleeves are exceptionally long.
The fabric was from my stash. I love this blue and I love polka dots. A great success.

This is where we had lunch. The Manly Pavilion at Manly. If ever your in Sydney it's a lovely place with great food.

                                              Happy Creating !

No comments:

Post a Comment